Thursday, September 13, 2012

chore-filled, rainy day


For the first time since I can't remember when, it was blustery and stormy in Austin today. And - after a week of making things like mad, I took today off of Fair Morning Blue to acquire groceries, do laundry, pay bills, and the like. Such pesky chores, but things were getting a bit desperate around here. It was lovely to attend to these tasks while listening to the rumbly thunder - and to use my new car's windshield wipers for the first time. I'm still learning to balance the responsibilities of taking care of a family with the commitment I've made to Fair Morning Blue. I was reluctant to step away from being creative for a whole day, but I think it did me good to take a bit of time to reflect on my plans for the next month or two. Plus - it is such a relief to go to bed knowing we have plenty of food to eat and a fresh supply of clean clothes to wear. 

I left a few minutes early to get the girls from school this afternoon, hoping to treat myself with a small adventure. As it happens, I discovered a very cute fabric store just a stone's throw from my daughters' school. Unfortunately, they stock mostly fabric for apparel, not the lightweight cottons and linens I was hoping for. But I found some sweet wooden buttons. On my way out, I snapped both of these Instagram photos with my phone. Somehow, they capture the feeling of this chore-filled, rainy day.

xo, Tracy

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...