Wednesday, September 12, 2012

new linen fabric pencil cases in my shop


I spent the better part of yesterday putting together these new pencil bags. This is the first fabric item I've ever designed myself, instead of using a pattern. It took a good part of the morning to puzzle out how to make the bag look how I imagined it.  The tricky part was the fold over flap. I sketched, added seam allowances, and made a few false starts, but finally I ended up with just what I intended. And each one I make goes a little quicker.


My mother-in-law lives near a lovely little antique mall, and she sent me the vintage buttons I used. I enjoyed using brightly colored thread to sew them on.


I just posted the bags in my etsy shop here. I also added a free shipping code: SHIPPINGFREE. Unlike my cards, I can't just renew these listings when they sell. No two are alike! But I am on the lookout for more buttons, and plan to make more as we get closer to the holidays. Back again soon.
All the best, Tracy


No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...