Tuesday, June 26, 2012

daydreaming about the girls' room


1. Carlyle Mirror, Ballard Design
2. Turned Table Lamp, West Elm
3. Ibiza Throw Pillow, Crate and Barrel
4. Elephant Nightlight, Jonathan Adler
5. Tripod Table, West Elm
6. Little Remix Blanket, Ferm Living
7. Mandarin French Ring Sheet Set, Serina and Lily
8. Kiara Rug, Anthropologie

Hey, there! In my last post, I showed you a little snapshot of the girls' room in our corporate apartment here in Michigan. Since then, I have been daydreaming about decorating the room with no budget or time constraints - and without input from my opinionated daughters. Dream on, right!?

Here is my starting point for the entire room: this acrylic on canvas painting by Kate Lewis. I love everything about this painting. The shades of orange in the pink flowers, the shades of pink in the big orange chair. The fact that the painting is titled "Big Orange Chair" but all you can see of the chair is one arm. And the blue table. The blue table makes me smile.


Even though it's just a daydream, I allowed myself to put together this little collage of my favorite girls' room things, just to help me imagine what some of my favorites would look like together. The next step is to let this pretty collection inspire me, and see what I can come up with that's in my budget, can be completed this summer, and garners the girls consent. Here is the photo of the girls' room again:


I'd love to hear any suggestions you might have for fun projects or decorating ideas the girls' and I could tackle together. I'd also appreciate your thoughts about my collage. Do you think it would make a cohesive room? Too busy, or do the white walls, white comforters and other white accessories help balance everything out?

I'm hoping the horrible heat back in Texas subsides soon. Even though we're having a good time here, I'm missing home very much. One week from today, we fly to Boston!

Best regards, Tracy

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...