Monday, June 18, 2012

Greetings from Summer Vacation!

Howdy! It's been over a week now since we arrived at our little home away from home in Lansing, so I thought I'd pop in and give you an update. I'm missing Austin like crazy - especially my mom, our dear friends, our cats, swimming, and Texas barbecue. But being all together as a family is completely amazing, so it's worth it. Here is a snap of a lovely peony from our trip to Whole Foods in Ann Arbor this weekend.  
Isn't it funny to think that last summer, my little Etsy shop didn't even exist?! I hated the idea of closing my shop for the summer, so I packed up my card stock, envelopes, printer, and everything I could think of that Fair Morning Blue might need. As I was trying to cram all of these supplies in the trunk of our Honda, I wondered if the summer would float by without a single card order. But I'm thrilled to share with you that I received two orders last week totaling eleven cards - so all that packing wasn't for naught - yay! Above is a view of Fair Morning Blue's temporary setup. 
This is the view from our living room windows. I took this photo just at the beginning of a large storm that blew in this morning. I love this view - I know I already showed it to you here, a few months ago, but I couldn't resist posting another snap of it.
Here is the bedroom, with its corporate apartment furniture. We are very fortunate to be able to stay here this summer, so I certainly can't complain about the furniture. Still, I will admit that it's not exactly my style, and I am eager to think of creative ways to make this apartment a little more our own without spending much money, especially considering that our stay is so temporary.
This is the girls' room. It is always an adjustment for them to become roommates after being used to having their own rooms, but after only a week it is getting a bit easier. As you can see, the beds don't have bedskirts yet. Now, this sounds like a fun sewing project! I have a lot of ideas for inexpensive ways to decorate the girls' room - paper lanterns, bunting, maybe even curtains! However, the girls have their own ideas about what they'd like to put up in here. I see such cute kids' rooms in magazines and on Pinterest, and I'm wondering how any one talks their daughters out of Harry Potter posters and the fuchsia-and-black tween section at Target. Do you have any advice for me? 

Okay. I'm being called away for bedtime stories and snuggling. I look forward to giving you updates on our little flat as the summer progresses. I hope you are having a lovely summer. Can you believe it's nearly the solstice?

Fondly, Tracy

4 comments :

  1. Lovely! How exciting. What a fun way to spend the summer and avoid the searing Texas heat. Sounds like a nice way to reconnect. Hope to see you on your way home! Love the touches of magenta by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bustle of us all in that little space; how rich and inviting it all becomes with art supplies and a fridge full of groceries. Having the corporate apartment solo in the fall again, cooking dinner for just one, is so quiet, so routine, that it's hard to face the first few weeks back. You guys make this whole crazy living-on-airplanes life of mine worth it!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...