Tuesday, August 7, 2012

new in my shop - back to school notebooks


Howdy, my sweet friends! I hope your August is off to a great start. We have been home from our summer in Michigan for four days now. We are thrilled to be back home, spending these last couple weeks before school starts biking, swimming, eating bbq, and seeing as many friends as we can. I'm kind of reluctant to start school again - all that getting up early, packing lunches, driving around to extracurriculars. Then again, I am looking forward to having uninterrupted days to focus on Fair Morning Blue. And it will be nice when the heat lets up a little. I have to say my favorite part of starting school when I was a student was always buying school supplies! My freshly sharpened pencils with their unused erasers always looked so inviting in my pencil box.



With that in mind, I drew some of my favorite school supplies in Illustrator, and then printed them on card stock, and cut little inside pages out of graph paper. I had such a great time with my awl and bookbinders thread, sewing these into little notebooks. This new skill makes me especially happy because I am a complete sucker for new blank journals. I can't resist buying them up! Now I can make my own. And - they are for sale in my shop here.


Talk again soon.

Fondly, Tracy

3 comments :

  1. Glad you enjoyed your summer home. I'm an austin gal that was born in east Lansing. I really enjoyed looking at your photos. Do you know if bill knapps is still around? Was that the knapps I saw in one of our photos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy! I'm so happy you enjoyed checking out my blog. It's great to meet someone from both Austin and East Lansing. I'm sorry, but I do not know Bill Knapps, or any other Knapps. Wishing you all the best, Tracy

      Delete
    2. Wendy - Bill Knapps is, sadly, gone. Last one closed back in '02. I used to love the place when I was a kid, though I suspect if they did still exist the food would not hold up to the memory. The Knapps in Tracy's picture from earlier this summer is the Knapps Office Supply company, downtown Lansing - it's undergoing renovations now, though to what end, I'm not sure. It's been vacant for a while.

      -e.

      Delete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...